Moving For Now

jmorris
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Moving For Now

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Hi John,

Thanks also to you for your enthusiasm and feedback. I hope your new
project goes smoothly, and we look forward to your participation in the
Tiki community again in the future.

-- Gary

On 1/15/2017 1:09 AM, jmorris wrote:

> I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped out during the
> period of us using Tiki for our wiki. You guys are all the best.
> We are moving on for awhile, I say awhile because at this time, for the
> project we are undertaking, we have decided to move it to a different
> software.
> But Tiki will always remain in my heart as one of the best CMS/Wiki's I have
> ever used, and I plan on using in the future for different projects.
> For anyone reading this, who may be a first time Tiki user, please do not
> mistake this message as a negative towards Tiki, it is not. Different
> projects have different needs, and we have deemed that our current projects
> requirements has different needs is all.
>
> But for our current project, I want to thank those who have helped out, and
> lended sound advice on the operation of our Tiki project. This is one of the
> best open source communities I have had the pleasure of participating with,
> or should I say, being on the needy end of the spectrum, all the help you
> have given us and our project.
> Thank you, and we'll see you all down the road in the future!
> Sincerely
> John Morris
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Moving For Now

jmorris
It's quite easy to be enthused with a project like Tiki! Thanks Gary, and we'll see ya'll down the road!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Moving For Now

jmorris
I hope you'll all forgive my wishy washy mannerism the day I posted this. I went out, and thought I could make a go at other software, and I failed miserably. I was frustrated with my Tiki site, mostly due to my own negligence and ignorance, and I pouted and ran off to what I thought was greener pasture. Then a week later I found myself downloading a fresh installation of Tiki 15 LTS and importing my data into it, and now I am determined to make my Tiki work. I have done this several times, left Tiki for greener pastures, just to find out that the greenest pasture can be found here with Tiki software.

Cap clutched in hand, knocking on the Tiki door, asking to come back in. Sorry for what may have appeared as an attention raising topic I posted here, it was not meant that way, I sincerely thought a different software was a better fit our wiki, but I got my ass kicked with the other software once again, nothing can beat the user ready features Tiki has. I'll keep pluging away at our wiki using Tiki, thanks for a great software and thanks for all the time and effort you all put into it.

John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Moving For Now

Xavier de Pedro (Tiki)

sure, welcome back!

And thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Xavi

On 01/30/2017 08:24 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:
[...]

Thanks for taking me back guys, I'll try to be a more productive contributor around here and earn you generosity and understanding. I feel like I should at least bend over and take 10 whacks with a board or something. Thank you sir, may I have another!
Cheers.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Moving For Now

Oliver Hertel
Hello jmorris,

> I hope you'll all forgive my wishy washy mannerism the day I posted this. I
> went out, and thought I could make a go at other software, and I failed
> miserably. I was frustrated with my Tiki site, mostly due to my own
> negligence and ignorance, and I pouted and ran off to what I thought was
> greener pasture. [...]

Glad you are back. :-)

But that also shows us that there's some things in tiki that may need improvement, too.
Do you have something like a "what bugged me" list that we can work on, to make tiki better?

Cheers,
 Oliver

Re: Moving For Now

jmorris