Mail notification glitch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Mail notification glitch

Liz Godwin-2
Hello everyone,
 
This was originally posted in tiki-users, but I didn't
get a response, so I'm trying this this.  Seems more
active.

I'm using 1.8.4 ish (some upgrades from 1.8.5)...
 
In The Admin->mail notifications section, I have set
notification for when a new user registers.  In the
table listing it shows correctly, and there is a ' * '
listed.
 
Initially this works just perfectly.  BUT.. after some
time (variable),notifications are no longer mailed.
When I go to the list, the ' * ' has become a number.
 
Any idea what function is changing this?  I wasn't
able to find a bug on this topic, but sometimes the
search terms don't quite line up.
 
I also tried looking into the code for some "UPDATE"
sql that might change this, but again, I don't know
exactly what I am looking for.
 
Please help, thanks!
 
Liz


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by Yahoo.
Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create apps using Yahoo!
Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo! directly into your own
Applications - visit http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005
_______________________________________________
Tikiwiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail notification glitch

Marc Laporte
I have noticed the same problem without being able to pinpoint why.

I think it's fixed in 1.9.0

M ;-)



Liz Godwin wrote:

>
>In The Admin->mail notifications section, I have set
>notification for when a new user registers.  In the
>table listing it shows correctly, and there is a ' * '
>listed.
>
>Initially this works just perfectly.  BUT.. after some
>time (variable),notifications are no longer mailed.
>When I go to the list, the ' * ' has become a number.
>
>

--
M ;-)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/                                                                /
/ Marc Laporte       <|>                  http://marclaporte.com /
/ Avantech.net       <|>                     http://avantech.net /
/ Tiki CMS/Groupware <|> http://tikiwiki.org/UserPagemarclaporte /
/                                                                /
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by Yahoo.
Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create apps using Yahoo!
Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo! directly into your own
Applications - visit http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005
_______________________________________________
Tikiwiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail notification glitch

Liz Godwin-2
In reply to this post by Liz Godwin-2
Thanks for the response.  I'm glad to see I'm not the
only one with the issue.

I'll have a look at 1.9.0 vs 1.8.5 and see if I can't
come up with a solution.

I'll post any findings.

Cheers,

Liz
--- Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have noticed the same problem without being able
> to pinpoint why.
>
> I think it's fixed in 1.9.0
>
> M ;-)
>
>
>
> Liz Godwin wrote:
>
> >
> >In The Admin->mail notifications section, I have
> set
> >notification for when a new user registers.  In the
> >table listing it shows correctly, and there is a '
> * '
> >listed.
> >
> >Initially this works just perfectly.  BUT.. after
> some
> >time (variable),notifications are no longer mailed.
>
> >When I go to the list, the ' * ' has become a
> number.
> >
> >
>
> --
> M ;-)
>
>
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

> /                                                  
>             /
> / Marc Laporte       <|>                
> http://marclaporte.com /
> / Avantech.net       <|>                    
> http://avantech.net /
> / Tiki CMS/Groupware <|>
> http://tikiwiki.org/UserPagemarclaporte /
> /                                                  
>             /
>
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>
>
>
>
-------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by Yahoo.
> Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create
> apps using Yahoo!
> Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo!
> directly into your own
> Applications - visit
>
http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005
> _______________________________________________
> Tikiwiki-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
>


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by Yahoo.
Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create apps using Yahoo!
Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo! directly into your own
Applications - visit http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005
_______________________________________________
Tikiwiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail notification glitch

Robin Lee Powell
I've actually been tracking the problem for a while.  It's
definately fixed in 1.9.  I don't remember what fixed it.  :-(

-Robin

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 08:44:37PM -0400, Liz Godwin wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  I'm glad to see I'm not the
> only one with the issue.
>
> I'll have a look at 1.9.0 vs 1.8.5 and see if I can't
> come up with a solution.
>
> I'll post any findings.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Liz
> --- Marc Laporte <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have noticed the same problem without being able
> > to pinpoint why.
> >
> > I think it's fixed in 1.9.0
> >
> > M ;-)
> >
> >
> >
> > Liz Godwin wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >In The Admin->mail notifications section, I have
> > set
> > >notification for when a new user registers.  In the
> > >table listing it shows correctly, and there is a '
> > * '
> > >listed.
> > >
> > >Initially this works just perfectly.  BUT.. after
> > some
> > >time (variable),notifications are no longer mailed.
> >
> > >When I go to the list, the ' * ' has become a
> > number.
> > >
> > >
> >
> > --
> > M ;-)
> >
> >
> //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
> > /                                                  
> >             /
> > / Marc Laporte       <|>                
> > http://marclaporte.com /
> > / Avantech.net       <|>                    
> > http://avantech.net /
> > / Tiki CMS/Groupware <|>
> > http://tikiwiki.org/UserPagemarclaporte /
> > /                                                  
> >             /
> >
> //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
> >
> >
> >
> >
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > This SF.Net email is sponsored by Yahoo.
> > Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create
> > apps using Yahoo!
> > Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo!
> > directly into your own
> > Applications - visit
> >
> http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005
> > _______________________________________________
> > Tikiwiki-devel mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> >
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
> >
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by Yahoo.
> Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create apps using Yahoo!
> Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo! directly into your own
> Applications - visit http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005
> _______________________________________________
> Tikiwiki-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** http://www.lojban.org/
Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by Yahoo.
Introducing Yahoo! Search Developer Network - Create apps using Yahoo!
Search APIs Find out how you can build Yahoo! directly into your own
Applications - visit http://developer.yahoo.net/?fr=offad-ysdn-ostg-q22005
_______________________________________________
Tikiwiki-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-devel
Loading...