Integrator - one of Tiki's hidden treasures

Integrator - one of Tiki's hidden treasures

Torsten Fabricius-4
Hello Devs and Users,

after some IRC support chat with a new community member I found that his use case to provide access to a set of HTML and JS files in a folder structure was in fact the task to integrte a Doxygen Repository of his companies coders into their new Tiki Intranet.

Doxygen is a documentation generator, a tool for writing software reference documentation. The documentation is written within code, and is thus relatively easy to keep up to date. Doxygen can cross reference documentation and code, so that the reader of a document can easily refer to the actual code.
Doxygen is free software, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2).

Once I realised it was a Doxygen, I could manage to find an Example Doxygen in the internet, implemented that in a local Tiki 16 (outside the Tikiroot, thus not accessible via direct links, thus inside Tikis user-permission-management.

Next step was some CSS tweaking and woohoo it works.

Thinking further I just now tried (successfully) to integrate a PHPdoc Repository, as Integrator was years ago coded specifically for Doxygen, but I assumed that autogenerated Code documentation likely has a similar structure.

And yes it does!

So Tiki Integrator now is a tool to easily and non-publicly give access to an arbitrary number of Doxygen AND PHPdoc Repositories. Update of the to date outdated documentation and an article is under way.

In case some of you use other documentation creators like Javadoc, ApiGen, etc. that generate the documentation as set of HTML files, you might want to send me a small Demo Repository and I will try to import that to Tiki and then, if successful document on doc.tiki.org.

Thanks to Padlock for this nice use case.

Best regards,
Torsten