Quantcast

Icons missing when using own content delivery network

Icons missing when using own content delivery network

mekko
Hi all,

I am trying to follow the instructions on using my own content delivery network with a separate domain on the same server as my Tiki. Strangely, while file gallery images and my logo in the tiki folder are displayed fine, all icons disappeared and are replaced by a question mark. When moving with the mouse over the question mark, the tooltip displays an error "URI http://cdn.mydomain.com/... not allowed by security setting". When I copy the URL and open it in a new browser tab it is displayed without a problem. So I guess this is a Tiki specific issue. I could not find any matching permission settings or similar.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
mekko

Re: Icons missing when using own content delivery network

Marc Laporte-6

Oh, that is probably a conflict between the newer Smarty integration and CDN.

What is exact error message? which version of Tiki?

On Feb 21, 2013 5:34 AM, "mekko" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Marc,

I am using Tiki 9.4 and the only error message I have is the tooltip...When viewing the source of the webpage all icons have been replaced with the same error class and title:

?

I noticed that file gallery images, site logo etc. are not using the cdn so that's why this error only occurs with icons apparently.

Hope that helps with the error detection?!

Thanks,
mekko

Re: Icons missing when using own content delivery network

Frank Guthausen
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 06:36:45AM -0800, mekko wrote:

> I am using Tiki 9.4 and the only error message I have is the tooltip...When
> viewing the source of the webpage all icons have been replaced with the same
> error class and title:
>
> ?
>
> I noticed that file gallery images, site logo etc. are not using the cdn so
> that's why this error only occurs with icons apparently.
>
> Hope that helps with the error detection?!

The error occured again somewhere, we discussed
it in IRC. No solution yet, but more input.

file which generates the message:
lib/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_security.php

function:
public function isTrustedUri($uri)

task of this function:
Check if URI (e.g. {fetch} or {html_image}) is trusted

So far this is reasonable. But what triggers trusted or untrusted?
Situation gets worse, because we tried to set the original Tiki's
website domain www.example.com as CDN (instead of cdn.example.com).
Surprise: the error does not vanish, the Tiki page treats it's own
domain as untrusted.
--
regards
Frank

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 02:00:53PM +0200, Frank Guthausen wrote:

> The error occured again somewhere, we discussed
> it in IRC. No solution yet, but more input.

Workaround in this special case was:
Deactivate 'Smarty Security' in tiki-admin.php?page=security

This is NOT recommended, but might help.
--
regards
Frank

Re: Icons missing when using own content delivery network

leagris
Hello, I probably isolated the issue and propose a patch for it:

<http://dev.tiki.org/tiki-view_tracker_item.php?trackerId=5&itemId=4604>

Please, review this patch and commit if appropriate.

Léa Gris

Re: Icons missing when using own content delivery network

mekko
Hey Lea, that sounds great. Any chance to get the fix for LTS 9? I am currently running 9.6 and would be more than be happy to have this fixed in our current running environment :) Not sure though how to apply a patch to it.

Cheers,
mekko