Quantcast

HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
Folks, I hope you can help me. I put some ShareThis custom script in the wrong field at theme/customization closing body tag custom field.
And my Tiki crashed at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/HomePage

The error is:
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "a610c8588994482bb560236661bbc75f37b3fcce" on line 3 "<script type="text/javascript">stLight.options({publisher: "e2afc6ad-758f-48a7-b6b2-9bc871a09578", doNotHash: false, doNotCopy: false, hashAddressBar: false});</script>" - Unexpected ": ", expected one of: "}" <-- thrown in /home/tpwwiki/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 3

I went to the .php file and looked at line 3 and there is nothing there. Can someone help me get my tiki back up so I can strip that code out of the custom field?

Yikes!
Thanks.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

Marc Laporte-3
https://doc.tiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Troubleshooting&structure=Home&redirectpage=Troubleshooting#Blank_pages

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 5:36 PM, jmorris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks, I hope you can help me. I put some ShareThis custom script in the
> wrong field at theme/customization closing body tag custom field.
> And my Tiki crashed at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/HomePage
>
> The error is:
> Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template
> "a610c8588994482bb560236661bbc75f37b3fcce" on line 3 "" - Unexpected ": ",
> expected one of: "}" <-- thrown in
> /home/tpwwiki/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php
> on line 3
>
> I went to the .php file and looked at line 3 and there is nothing there. Can
> someone help me get my tiki back up so I can strip that code out of the
> custom field?
>
> Yikes!
> Thanks.
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

=> IRC now.

On 10.12.2016 23:36, jmorris wrote:

> Folks, I hope you can help me. I put some ShareThis custom script in the
> wrong field at theme/customization closing body tag custom field.
> And my Tiki crashed at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/HomePage
>
> The error is:
> Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template
> "a610c8588994482bb560236661bbc75f37b3fcce" on line 3 "" - Unexpected ": ",
> expected one of: "}" <-- thrown in
> /home/tpwwiki/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php
> on line 3
>
> I went to the .php file and looked at line 3 and there is nothing there. Can
> someone help me get my tiki back up so I can strip that code out of the
> custom field?
>
> Yikes!
> Thanks.
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

rick@ricksapir.com

HTH,

---
Rick Sapir
Creating Content - Managing Information

Sent from my mobile device.

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
I found the offending code at feature_end_body_code

Here is the offending code

I went ahead and removed it, saved and my site is still crashed, hmmmm.

still working on it, thanks for your suggestions guys.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

Torsten Fabricius-4
I am still awaik ... you can contact me in IRC for another whils.

On 11.12.2016 03:23, jmorris wrote:

> I found the offending code at feature_end_body_code
>
> Here is the offending code
>

> I went ahead and removed it, saved and my site is still crashed, hmmmm.
>
> still working on it, thanks for your suggestions guys.
> John
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

Torsten Fabricius-4
Just to have done every stupid thing that might help, click here:

thepatriotwoodwiki.org/tiki-admin_system.php?do=all

I don't think it will help but you never know. Maybe this time it does.
Did before in other cases.

T.

On 11.12.2016 03:38, Torsten wrote:

> I am still awaik ... you can contact me in IRC for another whils.
>

> On 11.12.2016 03:23, jmorris wrote:
>> I found the offending code at feature_end_body_code
>>
>> Here is the offending code
>>

>> I went ahead and removed it, saved and my site is still crashed, hmmmm.
>>
>> still working on it, thanks for your suggestions guys.
>> John
>>

>> -----
>> John M.
>> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

Torsten Fabricius-4
And go to the server and empty the templates_c and the other caches
manually, if that did not help.

T.

On 11.12.2016 03:40, Torsten wrote:

> Just to have done every stupid thing that might help, click here:
>
> thepatriotwoodwiki.org/tiki-admin_system.php?do=all
>
> I don't think it will help but you never know. Maybe this time it does.
> Did before in other cases.
>
> T.
>

> On 11.12.2016 03:38, Torsten wrote:
>> I am still awaik ... you can contact me in IRC for another whils.
>>

>> On 11.12.2016 03:23, jmorris wrote:
>>> I found the offending code at feature_end_body_code
>>>
>>> Here is the offending code
>>>

>>> I went ahead and removed it, saved and my site is still crashed, hmmmm.
>>>
>>> still working on it, thanks for your suggestions guys.
>>> John
>>>

>>> -----
>>> John M.
>>> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
Mark, thanks so much for the link and trouble shooting information, it did not work though. Still working on it!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
Torsten, I performed the suggestion you gave, and no luck so far. Also It's late here Pacific time, I got home a tad late and found your generous offer to reach on IRC, but I am sure your in bed, thanks a bunch anyway.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
Well folks, I have an idea, if I installed Tiki16 over my site, would it update and repair the database? Thanks for all your help thus far.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

still here ;-)

On 11.12.2016 06:39, jmorris wrote:

> Torsten, I performed the suggestion you gave, and no luck so far. Also It's
> late here Pacific time, I got home a tad late and found your generous offer
> to reach on IRC, but I am sure your in bed, thanks a bunch anyway.
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

=> IRC

On 11.12.2016 06:54, jmorris wrote:

> Well folks, I have an idea, if I installed Tiki16 over my site, would it
> update and repair the database? Thanks for all your help thus far.
> John
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
Torsten, I tried to get on IRC and didn't have much luck, I am feeling really inadequate right now!

Here is where I am at, I made a backup of my current 15.2 installation, and I attempted to upgrade to Tiki16.0, now my issue is I cannot connect to my db. I have read all the troubleshooing documentation on this problem, I have double and triple checked my credentials, every thing is being entered in properly, but I keep getting that pesky cannot connect to db error.
I am stuck, thanks for any help guys.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

Torsten Fabricius-4
Hi John,

sorry for that. I didn't realise that you are not already in a regular
process of using our IRC.
Finally you appeared around 8.00 CET, but by then I was sleeping like a
baby :-)

Hint: If you are using Thunderbird for your eMail it might be the most
easy way for regular IRC #tikiwiki :

Thunderbird has an included good enough IRC client. I use it since a
long time, have permanently connected the #tikiwiki room and thus have
the IRC and IRC notifications permanently direct at the same place where
I anyway regularly check my eMails (no extra software to start or to run).

There are a number of clients out there if you want to use another
client (for example ChatZilla amongst plenty of others).

And for a quick ad hoc session you aswell can use the webchat
(freenode's webinterface):

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=tikiwiki

Best regards,
Torsten

On 11.12.2016 08:42, jmorris wrote:

> Torsten, I tried to get on IRC and didn't have much luck, I am feeling really
> inadequate right now!
>
> Here is where I am at, I made a backup of my current 15.2 installation, and
> I attempted to upgrade to Tiki16.0, now my issue is I cannot connect to my
> db. I have read all the troubleshooing documentation on this problem, I have
> double and triple checked my credentials, every thing is being entered in
> properly, but I keep getting that pesky cannot connect to db error.
> I am stuck, thanks for any help guys.
> John
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
Thanks for your help Torsten, I do use Thunderbird, very cool! I'll get all set up on it.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

rick@ricksapir.com
After removing the offending code, you will need to manually clear the cache
files.

../temp/cache/..
../modules/cache/...
../templates_c/..

-R

Rick Sapir
http://ricksapir.com
Twitter: @ricksapir

Creating Content -- Managing Information
>I found the offending code at feature_end_body_code
>
> Here is the offending code
>

> I went ahead and removed it, saved and my site is still crashed, hmmmm.
>
> still working on it, thanks for your suggestions guys.
> John
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
I'd like to thank you all for your wonderful advice, this has been quite the experience!
I'll be much more careful with that custom code from now on. All the suggestions above were tried without success, so I decided to install a backup from a few days before, and then the db connections was lost as well. So after various attempts on my part, unsuccessful at that, Torsten gave it a shot too, and I think whatever it is just is too far gone.

You guys are the best, I appreciate the help, and the suggestions.
I did not have an extraordinary amount of content, so what I am going to do is go into my db and copy paste the content, article, wiki pages, to ascii files and save them on my desktop. I'll then fire up a new instance of Tiki Wiki and copy paste the articles and pages back into the new instance. I'll also transfer over the file gallery from the old files directory. Then I should be good to go.

I have one last question, is it recommended to start up my new Tiki with 16 yet? Or should I stay with LTS 15.2?
Thanks again guys!
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
I did not mean ascii files, I meant text files.
ascii is a file standard I use at my day job, it was a slip up.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: HELP! Custom code crashed my Tiki!

jmorris
It's fixed! It's up and running at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/HomePage
After a few test runs on my test site, I went ahead and downloaded my home directory and db as a backup, I then deleted my domain account for this wiki, and started from scratch, I uploaded the zipped home directory that had Tiki in it, and uploaded the backed up db zip file, and ran the 16.0 upgrade, and my site came back!!!!!
I had tech support for our shared hosting working on the disconnected db, and they were scratching their heads, so I just started from scratch, and it seemed to do the trick.
Again I'd like to say thanks for all the advice, and the time Torsten put into trying to get the existing Tiki to work, you are appreciated Torsten!
Thanks again!