CartoGraph and Tiki

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
Dear folks, is Cartograph still supported?
I tried to use the Cartograph profile with a 12.9 installation and it seemed riddled with errors. I can go into more detail on the errors if you'd like, but if it's unsupported at this time then that would answer my question.

And while on that subject, will it eventually be supported for 15.x ?
thanks folks!
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

Torsten Fabricius-4
Hello John,

there hs been some work and a lot of eMails related to maps and
cartograph with Tiki 15 in recent times and especially last week.

Torsten

On 08.12.2016 17:55, jmorris wrote:

> Dear folks, is Cartograph still supported?
> I tried to use the Cartograph profile with a 12.9 installation and it seemed
> riddled with errors. I can go into more detail on the errors if you'd like,
> but if it's unsupported at this time then that would answer my question.
>
> And while on that subject, will it eventually be supported for 15.x ?
> thanks folks!
> John
>
>
>
> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
> --
> View this message in context: http://tikiwiki.1073613.n5.nabble.com/CartoGraph-and-Tiki-tp37099.html
> Sent from the TikiWiki - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
> _______________________________________________
> TikiWiki-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
Wonderful Torsten! That is some really great news. I can't believe discussion is happening around Tiki 15.
But back to Tiki 12.9, is it still supported? Thanks so much.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

Torsten Fabricius-4
Sorry John, I have no idea.

I am mainly (98%) working with 15 plus .

I have only one productive project with 12.x, which I soon upgrade to
16, as we recently got enough design input to create a new theme, based
on one of Gary's phantastic new implementations (WP's Twenty_Sixteen)
and on the design of a wordpress-conference-website of a partner company
of the NPO which hosts the Tiki website.

I have at least one project, running 15 or 16 where I likely need soon
some kind of map for local groups of a German NPO ... thinking on
Cartograph aswell, but I need it integrated in an intranet setup - so
maybe I need to implement parts of cartograph manually.

I try to keep in mind, that you have a similar use case, to not forget
to keep you informed. Please vice versa aswell.

By the way: I am not involved in coding. So please follow the cvs/svn
list yourself.

The last commits to Cartograph in Tiki15 I have seen after rechecking
just now, has been from Jonny at 30 April and 1 May 2016.

Additionally there is a discussion related to PluginMap this week in the
devel-list.

Regards,
Torsten

On 09.12.2016 03:29, jmorris wrote:

> Wonderful Torsten! That is some really great news. I can't believe discussion
> is happening around Tiki 15.
> But back to Tiki 12.9, is it still supported? Thanks so much.
> John
>
>
>
> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
> --
> View this message in context: http://tikiwiki.1073613.n5.nabble.com/CartoGraph-and-Tiki-tp37099p37102.html
> Sent from the TikiWiki - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
> _______________________________________________
> TikiWiki-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
Thanks so much Torsten. I have high hope for Cartograph, I really love it at the demo site.
Please disregard my remark about errors with 12.9 and Cartograph, I forgot to rename the _htaccess to .htaccess, that all it was.

as far as just checking out the Cartograph template and styles for Tiki 12.9, I am trying to find the attached zip file for the Carto theme as my directions at my install state:
Download the latest version of the CartoGraf theme which is attached to the bottom of this page and unpack its contents (styles and templates) over your Tiki root folder (if you haven't done so already).

I go to this page at https://profiles.tiki.org/CartoGraf and I cannot see a zip file for the Carto Template and Styles, I see this at https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/HEAD/tree/users/cartograf/
and this at https://svn.code.sf.net/p/tikiwiki/code/users/cartograf

But for the life of my am knocking my head around trying to figure out how to download the files. I am confused.

Thanks for your reply Torsten, carto with Tiki15 sounds very exciting!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
Again, disregard my complications finding the theme templates styles, I got it, I just need to read instructions better.
Cheers!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
Ok, I just got my instance of Carto on a tiki 12.9 working, and it's the bomb! I love it!
Can't wait till Carto for Tiki 15.x is ready guys, keep up the great work!

Torsten, I ultimately would like to replace the existing geo location feature on my existing tiki with cartograph. Or somehow link the two instances.

My use case would be in the realm of woodworking history around the world. Here is my existing wiki at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/HomePage
It's in the baby steps, so I can still change things up or begin with a new instance if need be. But for example, if you go to this page at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/James+Krenov
You may notice that James Krenov was born in Siberia, I would love to mark this location on a cartograph map. I am excited about the possibilities.
Thanks

John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

Torsten Fabricius-4
the Cartograph uses Trackers

On 09.12.2016 06:03, jmorris wrote:

> Ok, I just got my instance of Carto on a tiki 12.9 working, and it's the
> bomb! I love it!
> Can't wait till Carto for Tiki 15.x is ready guys, keep up the great work!
>
> Torsten, I ultimately would like to replace the existing geo location
> feature on my existing tiki with cartograph. Or somehow link the two
> instances.
>
> My use case would be in the realm of woodworking history around the world.
> Here is my existing wiki at http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/HomePage
> It's in the baby steps, so I can still change things up or begin with a new
> instance if need be. But for example, if you go to this page at
> http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/James+Krenov
> You may notice that James Krenov was born in Siberia, I would love to mark
> this location on a cartograph map. I am excited about the possibilities.
> Thanks
>
> John
>
>
>
> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
> --
> View this message in context: http://tikiwiki.1073613.n5.nabble.com/CartoGraph-and-Tiki-tp37099p37106.html
> Sent from the TikiWiki - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
> _______________________________________________
> TikiWiki-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
Torsten, do you have a live instance of your Cartograph 15 running?
Thanks
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

Torsten Fabricius-4
not yet, but surely I hope to not forget to show you once I have it

On 09.12.2016 14:51, jmorris wrote:

> Torsten, do you have a live instance of your Cartograph 15 running?
> Thanks
>
>
>
> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
> --
> View this message in context: http://tikiwiki.1073613.n5.nabble.com/CartoGraph-and-Tiki-tp37099p37111.html
> Sent from the TikiWiki - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
> _______________________________________________
> TikiWiki-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/xeonphi
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
Don't worry, I'll bug you and remind you Torsten!
Thanks
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
In reply to this post by jmorris
Has there been any movement for Cartograph and Tiki15?
Just curious is all.
John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

Marc Laporte-3
The profile is here: https://profiles.tiki.org/CartoGraf_15

Latest edits:
https://profiles.tiki.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=CartoGraf_15


Code:
https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/HEAD/tree/users/cartograf/cartograf_tiki15/

Latest code changes:
https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/HEAD/log/?path=/users/cartograf/cartograf_tiki15



On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 3:59 PM, jmorris
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has there been any movement for Cartograph and Tiki15?
> Just curious is all.
> John
>
>
>
> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!
> --
> View this message in context: http://tikiwiki.1073613.n5.nabble.com/CartoGraph-and-Tiki-tp37099p37738.html
> Sent from the TikiWiki - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> TikiWiki-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users



--
Marc Laporte

http://WikiSuite.org
http://PluginProblems.com
http://Avan.Tech

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
TikiWiki-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tikiwiki-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CartoGraph and Tiki

jmorris
This post was updated on .
Thanks Marc, the theme for Carto 15 is not available yet though correct? there is no theme to export. there is a file of type CartoGraf_15.CartoGraf_15

It's not an actual zip file.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!