Quantcast

Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
Howdy folks, I am having issues over at the Tiki community forums. Sometimes I can post a topic, or reply to a topic, but most the time I cannot. I'll create the reply, and click on post, and my reply disappears.

Or

If I click on "Reply" under a post, I get an error message like this:

 Error
No thread indicated

Any help is greatly appreciated. Currently I have been trying to post in Features/Useability forum with no luck.

John
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Hi John,

That happened to me, too, though I had success some times but not all. I
filed a bug report at https://dev.tiki.org/item6190 so hopefully
there'll be a fix soon.

-- Gary

On 12/5/2016 10:52 AM, jmorris wrote:

> Howdy folks, I am having issues over at the Tiki community forums. Sometimes
> I can post a topic, or reply to a topic, but most the time I cannot. I'll
> create the reply, and click on post, and my reply disappears.
>
> Or
>
> If I click on "Reply" under a post, I get an error message like this:
>
> / Error
> No thread indicated/
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Currently I have been trying to post in
> Features/Useability forum with no luck.
>
> John
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
Thanks Gary, I remember this issue popped up awhile back as well. I like interacting with folks at the forums, I actually had some useful feedback for a few of them yesterday!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
Do we have a status update on this issue yet?
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
I'm just an absolute mess these days, can't participate on IRC and I can't post in the forums!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Hi John,

I tested in the forums, logged in as you, and I can confirm you can't
post a reply there. (Cold comfort, I know.) I tested when logged in as
myself and had mixed results; the first time the reply didn't show up
after the "saving" message, the second and third times it did. So things
seem buggy in a couple of ways. Are you (and other people) about to post
in forums at other Tiki sites? (Wondering if this is tiki.org-specific.)

I don't know anything about the IRC connection; maybe Torsten has some
ideas.

-- Gary

On 12/19/2016 1:29 PM, jmorris wrote:

> I'm just an absolute mess these days, can't participate on IRC and I can't
> post in the forums!
>

> -----
> John M.
> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

Gary Cunningham-Lee
Sorry, I meant to type are you *able* to post in other Tiki site forums
(especially if you're using Tiki 15 or 16)?

On 12/19/2016 2:18 PM, Gary Cunningham-Lee wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I tested in the forums, logged in as you, and I can confirm you can't
> post a reply there. (Cold comfort, I know.) I tested when logged in as
> myself and had mixed results; the first time the reply didn't show up
> after the "saving" message, the second and third times it did. So things
> seem buggy in a couple of ways. Are you (and other people) about to post
> in forums at other Tiki sites? (Wondering if this is tiki.org-specific.)
>
> I don't know anything about the IRC connection; maybe Torsten has some
> ideas.
>
> -- Gary
>

> On 12/19/2016 1:29 PM, jmorris wrote:
>> I'm just an absolute mess these days, can't participate on IRC and I can't
>> post in the forums!
>>

>> -----
>> John M.
>> Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
Thanks for the confirmation Gary. I have not tried other tiki forums, I can add forums to my tiki15 test site and see how it acts, I will tonight.
I'd sure like to get on the tiki.org forums, there are some guys over there I'd love to interact with and collaborate and help if I can.
Thanks
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
Gary, I loaded up a tiki15 and 16 and activated forums, and I was able to post new topics and replies in those, so perhaps it's something with tiki.org forums?
Another thing I noticed too is tiki.org account profile settings, often times will not save my preferences. I check mark the box "allow users to send me messages" and it stays checked for a while, but then it unchecks itself.

I guess perhaps I could fire up another account maybe at tiki.org.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
It appears to be working now Gary, thank you to whoever fixed it!
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
Ok, we are now back to ground 1,

 Error
No thread indicated

when trying to reply to a topic or post.
Glitchy, really glitchy.
John M.
Just learning enough Tiki to be dangerous!

Re: Cannot Post at Tiki Community Forums

jmorris
An observation for the tiki forums issue I am experiencing.
I am experiencing major issues with Firefox browser posting to topics, and creating topics.
I am experiencing no issues using Vivaldi browser.

I'll be testing other browsers today.