Admin menu not going away...

rleibman
I changed the mnu_application_menu and made it so that the only group
assigned is "Administrators". But... Anonymous users are still able to
see the menu.

What did I forget?

Roberto

Re: Admin menu not going away...

Marc Laporte
tiki-admin.php?page=general
Display modules to all groups always:

M ;-)

Roberto Leibman wrote:

> I changed the mnu_application_menu and made it so that the only group
> assigned is "Administrators". But... Anonymous users are still able to
> see the menu.
>
> What did I forget?
>
> Roberto

M ;-)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/                                                                /
/ Marc Laporte       <|>                  http://marclaporte.com /
/ Avantech.net       <|>                     http://avantech.net /
/ Tiki CMS/Groupware <|> http://tikiwiki.org/UserPagemarclaporte /
/                                                                /
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Re: Admin menu not going away...

rleibman
Marc Laporte wrote:

> tiki-admin.php?page=general
> Display modules to all groups always:

Thank you so much, that was NOT obvious. I'd hate to ask, but... why? I
mean, you can already selectively choose which groups get to see which
modules, why bother with a system wide setting that overrides that? At
the very least a note in the modules page, something like: "Group
assignments can get overriden by general preferences" can save frustration.

> M ;-)
>
> Roberto Leibman wrote:
>
>> I changed the mnu_application_menu and made it so that the only group
>> assigned is "Administrators". But... Anonymous users are still able
>> to see the menu.
>>
>> What did I forget?
>>
>> Roberto

Re: Admin menu not going away...

Marc Laporte
Hi!

In my Tiki installation, tiki-admin_modules.php has the following note
at the top:
"Note 2: If you assign modules to groups make sure that you have turned
off the option 'display modules to all groups always' from Admin->General "

Please feel free to make it clearer. Or even, how about we move the
checkbox from Admin->General to tiki-admin_modules.php ?

Best regards,

M ;-)

Roberto Leibman wrote:

> Marc Laporte wrote:
>
>> tiki-admin.php?page=general
>> Display modules to all groups always:
>>
> Thank you so much, that was NOT obvious. I'd hate to ask, but... why?
> I mean, you can already selectively choose which groups get to see
> which modules, why bother with a system wide setting that overrides
> that? At the very least a note in the modules page, something like:
> "Group assignments can get overriden by general preferences" can save
> frustration.
>
>> M ;-)
>>
>> Roberto Leibman wrote:
>>
>>> I changed the mnu_application_menu and made it so that the only
>>> group assigned is "Administrators". But... Anonymous users are still
>>> able to see the menu.
>>>
>>> What did I forget?
>>>
>>> Roberto

M ;-)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/                                                                /
/ Marc Laporte       <|>                  http://marclaporte.com /
/ Avantech.net       <|>                     http://avantech.net /
/ Tiki CMS/Groupware <|> http://tikiwiki.org/UserPagemarclaporte /
/                                                                /
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Help with boxes

Matt Barton
Greetings. I recently upgraded to 1.8.5 from 1.8.4 and noticed that my
message boxes have all lost their titles and reverted to the default
"MESSAGE BOX." Here's the code I'm trying to use to make a message box:

{BOX(title=>GNU Free Documentation License)}All work on this website is
protected by a [http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html|GNU Free
Documentation License]. Please follow the link for more specific
information.{BOX}

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

RE: Help with boxes

Sylvie Greverend
It was a security fix with the extract function that broke the plugin.
I just did the fix .. look at the revision 1.8.2.5 when sourceforge will be
updated (perhaps one hour or two)
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tikiwiki/tiki/lib/wiki-plugins/wikiplu
gin_box.php

Re: Help with boxes